Lately, behind the scenes here at Medicinal Marzipan, I have been busying myself with the task of updating my wardrobe to include more professional (ahem.. adult..) items that are both appropriate for my burgeoning career as a social worker, and FANCY. These purchases have included blazers, high-waisted skirts, (teensy) heels, cardigans, and dress pants. As always, when looking for clothing, I pay particular attention to shopping for my curves, as well as a new interest in buying clothing made locally or within the US. I figure, if it’s good for the economy, and it makes me get a little warm and fuzzy to buy from lovely people, it’s a win win.
That is one of the reasons that I am beyond gleeful to introduce you to one of my new favorite companies – Karina Dresses. This up-and-coming Brooklyn, New York based clothing company contacted me last month, and inquired about a collaboration with me. I was beyond flattered, but when I put on my very first Karina dress I near about died with how pretty it was! And colorful! And not in the slightest bit restrictive! (These are pretty much my three requirements for clothing. I am not into drab or anything that requires squeezing.)
Some facts about the dresses:
- Made from imported microfiber blend fabric with 4-way stretch. Dresses are machine washable, and come in limited edition prints, constantly changing selection because they do perpetual small-batch production.
- Karina prides themselves on making dresses to fit every body. Currently their sizes range from 0-20 on most dresses, but I am secretly hoping that they will expand their sizing options even more in the future.
- Dresses are uber-versatile, can be dressed up or down. Or say, perfect for running from the office to the bar – awesome. They also can be scrunched up really small, and thus, are perfect for traveling. Also, they don’t need to be ironed, which is good, because I don’t really “do” that.
- Dresses are on the expensive side, but they are made with love in the US and I plan on getting a serious amount of wear out of mine.
- Insider secret: Karina is quietly looking for brand ambassadors in all 50 states. They are really blogger friendly, have a body positive advertising approach, and thus far, I have very much enjoyed all of my interactions with them.
I am also super excited that Karina Dresses has offered me the opportunity to give one of their gorgeous dressed away on Medicinal Marzipan!
To Enter (leave a separate comment for each entry):
- “Like” Karina Dresses on Facebook. This step is required!
- Leave a comment with your number one rule is for dressing your body with love and compassion. My all time favorite is: forget the number on the tag, and buy the size that fits.
The contest is open to readers internationally, however, if you live outside of the US you will be required to pay for postage. Contest ends Friday, July 22, at Midnight EST.
p.s. FTC: I received this dress from Karina Dresses for my very own twirling and skipping around town pleasure.
p.p.s. a HUGE thank you to my sweetheart for photographing me when I was being a total brat and wouldn’t make any nice faces.