On Planning a Body Positive Wedding

Now, I like to think that this is a topic that I won’t harp on about too much on MM, but this post was too good to pass up. However, if wedding trials and tribulations is something that you just LOVE, join the Medicinal Marzipan mailinglist to get updates on all manner of tulle and napkins and guest lists – and how I plan to make it through it all with a smile on my face.

Wedding Cake

I promised myself a long time ago that I wouldn’t engage in any sort of funny business when it came to my wedding and my relationship with my body. I know that this sort of activity is popular and I’m not judging anyone’s choices, but it is my personal belief that when someone asks you to marry them, it is YOU that they want to marry.

Meaning, it is not some airbrushed, spray-tanned, half-starved version of you that they are after, and likely they know you well enough upon proposing to know that they love you, no matter what, through thick or thin.

That said, the wedding industry is very, very good at making you feel badly about yourself.

And when I say badly, I mean: about your body, hair, teeth, style, financial standing, etc.

It is a business after all, and one that profits hugely from your insecurity.

When you change your status on Facebook to “engaged” (and I’m vaguely uncomfortable with statuses anyway), suddenly your sidebar is chock full of advertisements for tooth-whitening, ab-flattening, wedding plastic surgery enhancing products that will “make you look perfect on your special day.” Now, for the discerning viewer, it may seem obviously ridiculous to even cast a glance over at that side column.

But I would be lying if I said that I didn’t notice it impacting me in slight ways as I go about the planning process.

Sometimes I catch myself thinking about what I want to look like in the wedding photos.

Or what kind of wedding dress would look flattering on me.

Or what kind of napkins I think that my grandparents would expect me to have.

Or whether or not it is tacky to have people RSVP online.

Suddenly, I find myself having thoughts that are altogether alien to me, and I have to remind myself of these things:

• Your wedding is, first and foremost, for YOU and your PARTNER, and that planning every detail of the day to suit someone else’s needs will make you insane. Rapidly.
  • Buy a dress that fits. Do not buy a dress that you have to diet your way into. Bonus points if you in fact get a dress made to fit YOUR body.
  • Pick a budget that you are comfortable with, and plan from there.
  • Choose one thing that you absolutely have to have, and plan from there. I have about six of those “one things” – not quite the same idea.
  • Be really freaking sweet to yourself, because this can be an overwhelming situation wrought with familial strangeness, expectation, confusion, and anxiety. For example, sometimes I like to think about “what kind of wife I want to be” and completely freak myself out. Try not to do that.
  • Try to keep your expectations for other people (including your partner) in check – people will love you as best they can in whatever way comes natural to THEM. Give them some space not to love you “in the way you prefer to be loved.” Open your heart.

Need more advice? Me too! Ayiyiyi. Check out REAL Marriage Advice: Part One and Part Two where bloggers were rounded up to dish about their weddings, relationships, and things they really wish someone had told them during the planning process.

Marzipanlings – also, please hit me up in the comments with YOUR best wedding advice. Let’s be real, it takes a village. xo

{image by Shelley Panzarella}

45 Comments to On Planning a Body Positive Wedding

1. September 14, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Congratulations Mara! I hope you’re able to keep ignoring all of the damaging stuff and just focus on having a wonderful day. You deserve it!

2. September 14, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

How well I remember the FB craziness. I was married 2 years ago, and I definitely wrestled with some of the image stuff in the beginning. But I tried to remember that in spite of popular myth, the wedding wasn’t just MY day, and I didn’t need to create a personal spectacle of “perfection.” While the wedding ceremony is indeed about you and your partner, the day–if you are planning a reception and whatnot–is about family and friends celebrating with you. This doesn’t mean you should base your decor on grandma’s taste, but just that you should focus on making it the best day for you and the people who love you the most. This has 2 benefits: 1) taking the primary focus off yourself and Your Special Day (gag) helps you keep a sane perspective on your body/wedding must-haves/etc. and 2) giving you the best day for you and the people who love you the most!

But making it the best day for everyone is easier than it sounds. All it takes is remembering that by attending your wedding they are doing you an honor, not vice versa. Your family and friends love you, and won’t care about the details as much as you do, but they’ll notice if your attitude is that they are lucky to have been invited. Of all the dozens of weddings I’ve been involved in, the only time anyone has criticized a wedding I’ve attended (it has happened twice) was when the wedding budget was blown on making the bride feel like a princess for a day, while single guests were forbidden to bring dates because it would be “too expensive.”

Congratulations on your day–it will be wonderful. Forget the BS, keep your eye on the love! ALL the love that will be there on your day. xo

3. September 14, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

From my owning wedding a few months back — make sure to put humor and pieces of your personality truly intertwined with the beauty of the day…THAT is what everyone will remember most! (we had so much fun and ourselves weaved into it that I hear about 3 ppl are now considering doing the same)….One even proposed the day after the wedding

THAT is quite a complement

4. daynya's Gravatar daynya
    September 14, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

This is a lovely reminder. It’s a challenge for sure, I’m constantly bombarded with these messages. And, I work in a wedding – heavy industry, and it’s a lot of etiquette, and a lot of pressure for and from everyone that is a customer. It’s tough, but you’re doing great, so happy for you :)

5. September 14, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

As someone who let all of that nonsense overly effect me, I can say it’s a nightmare. The week after my wedding, I got my pictures back and the only think I could think was, “Wow. My arms are huge! I looked so fat!” and so on. Don’t do this to yourself. Your day is about you and your partner, not about insecurities and making sure you look perfect in every picture.

Also, pick a comfortable dress. One that fits oh so well and makes you feel like 1000 bucks I was on a budget and picked the only dress that fit me. I’m 5’11 so finding one long enough was a miracle. I just wish I had taken the time to find one I absolutely loved.

Congratulations on your big day! Keep calm in the planning process, and remember to go on lots of dates with your partner. It’ll keep you sane. Haha.

6. September 14, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Permalink

My best advice (and I think you already know this): it’s not about the wedding, it’s about the marriage ;-)

7. September 14, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

Mara-I love that you’re sharing your process, because I think that this is one of those areas that takes us by surprise. Even when you’re a feminist, or a body-positive person, or someone who’s not that into the “stuff,” the intensity of wedding hype, cultural pressure, & family/self-expectations can be a lot to handle. I love your suggestions. About expectations–I think it’s a huge help to expect that *something* is going to go wrong, get mixed up, or be a disaster. If you’re good with that going in, it can reduce a lot of stress. And always remember, if you end the day with your nose unbroken, you’re one up on me (true story).

8. Yan's Gravatar Yan
    September 15, 2011 at 12:29 am | Permalink

Always a guest, never a bride, but…

From my side of the aisle? If the wedding couple is loving their wedding, if it’s about their relationship, their commitment, their love, and the support network for that relationship? It’s fun as a guest. If the wedding couple is stressed and fighting (and really not sure after planning the wedding that they actually like each other), then being a guest is awkward. Or boring.

9. September 15, 2011 at 3:55 am | Permalink

Great post! I just got married at the end of August, and this was a real struggle for me. Ultimately, I decided that when I look at wedding photos, I want to look back and see someone happy and feel positive about the whole experience. I don’t want to feel like I was at a place where I felt insecure or stressed out or negative about myself.

And when I focused on that, it turns out I worked out and ate healthy anyway, because that’s what makes me feel good. And, as a bonus, I ended up looking good too. But now I look at my wedding photos and think that was really the happiest I’ve ever been. I don’t even really notice my body. Go figure.

10. September 15, 2011 at 11:54 am | Permalink

One of the most off-putting things about the concept of a wedding is the whole family politics of it all. The marriage – the joining together of two people who love each other – is the central thing in it for me.

Trying to ensure the wedding suits everyone else, other than the couple, is a recipie for disaster. It appeals to the people pleasing bits of us, and while it’s great if other people do really love the event, all that should ultimately matter is that the couple were happy and that most people enjoyed being there to witness what is a very personal thing.

I think this is why weddings are so emotive. We’re letting other people in to what’s normally a personal relationship between two people. They’re witnessing one of the most intimate things, and the fear of that being judged – according to napkins, dress size, choice of music – by the people we love most is quite frankly terrifying.

Given the likelihood that even the best of family and friends will have their own views and judgements, whether said or unsaid, I think ‘stuff it’; do what makes you and your partner happy. If that’s not good enough for the people who are meant to love you and care for you, it’s tough.

11. September 15, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

Such wonderful points, Mara. I have several regrets about my wedding and they are all related to how much I gave in on things in order to be pleasing or to make nice or to make things easier. The thing is when you do that, it doesn’t stop with the wedding. People expect that out of you from then on. Changing that was harder than just standing firm would have been in the firm place. Thank you for sharing your process- it is helpful outside of wedding planning, too!

12. September 15, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

I just wanted to share a little story with you:
    I had finally found THE dress. It was prefect in every way and even the model dress they let me try on looked good enough to walk down the aisle. But when the girl working at the little boutique, that I drove an hour and a half to try their dresses, wrote down the ordering information, she ordered a dress 2 sizes too small. I called her on it,but was simply told, ‘ this is always how we order them trust me.’
    But Lo and behold when the day came to drive all the way back, I found myself in a dressing room completely naked to the waist with a middle aged sales assistant struggling to pull up the zipper. When she finally gave up she grabbed the sides of my exposed abdomen and shook me saying, ‘its ok hunny, you just have to loose all this.’!!!!! And at the time I was skinny (size 4)!!!

Well the point is that the industry puts way too much pressure on women to be little waifs on their wedding day. Maybe they think that if we starve ourselves we will be too weak to run away from the alter… I ended up taking my dress to be altered and they did a wonderful job of fitting it to me.

I hope and pray your experience is nothing like mine!

13. September 15, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

I eloped. I wasn’t losing weight and I didn’t want to stand in front of a whole crowd of people in my morbidly obese glory. Now I know better, but 5 years ago that kind of things still mattered to me.

Best wishes on your nuptials!

14. Megan Tetlow's Gravatar Megan Tetlow
    September 15, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

Hi Mara!

I can share a similar story. A little bit before my wedding, I decided to chop my hair off. It was Florida. It was summer. It was ridiculously hot. It was an easy decision. However, when I moseyed on over to my hairdresser and let it slip that I was getting married in a couple months, she actually REFUSED to cut my hair, citing that she would not be responsible for me making a terrible mistake that I would regret forever when I looked at my wedding pictures! Yes, the terrible mistake I was making was cuttting my hair and not having some super fancy updo. I was floored.
    Buuutt, I found another hairstylist, who did chop off my long hair no questions asked and I wore my hair down on my wedding with no stylying whatsoever and I loved it and most importantly I felt like MYSELF, not some tanned teased hairsprayed version of myself.
    It’s just crazy to me how every little decision you make during wedding planning can be so speculuated. I mean its hair for goodness sake. And I think the same is true for dresses (omg! Its not going to be white?!?), invitations (lord help you if you dont have 5 different envelopes! How will people tell you they want to eat chicken!?), seeing your signficant other before the wedding (We did this, were very glad we did this, but had to defend our decision at least 10 times), and pretty much anything that before wedding planning seemed like very small details no one would have an opinion about.
    All in all, I loved my wedding and love my marriage even more, and I guess I’m kinda glad to be on the other side now ;)

15. September 16, 2011 at 9:51 am | Permalink

elope.
    get married in running tights and a sweatshirt
    wait

thats what I did.
    never mind ;)

16. September 16, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

Although I got married almost two years ago, it was such a strange experience having this industry try to make me obsess over things that weren’t important. Best example: my florist called the day before to apologize profusely that the flowers were lavender and not purple. When I responded that lavender WAS purple he was so relieved. He genuinely expected me to blow a gasket because of a slight hue difference! Insane.

I think your ‘choose 1 thing’ tip is really important. You’ll have 1 thing that’s really important to you, and so will your friends and family & future in-laws. It’s lots easier if you remember the day is really about everyone and just let everyone have the 1 thing they each think is important.

Other tip: as soon as possible,write down all you remember of threat – conversations, smells, tastes, thoughts, all of it. It’s so frantic that you’ll forget so much of that stuff if you don’t get it down immediately, and it’s totally stuff you’ll want to remember later.

17. Sabrina's Gravatar Sabrina
    September 17, 2011 at 1:36 am | Permalink

You may want to check out apracticalwedding.com. The group of (mostly) women that post and comment there are generally practical, supportive, frank, and caring, and come from a wildly diverse set of backgrounds. The common theme is the wedding industry makes planning difficult at best, and is generally focused on the wrong things. I found them after my wedding, when I was adjusting to what “wife” meant to me, and their series on Reclaiming Wife has been a huge blessing to me.

• Sabrina's Gravatar Sabrina
      September 17, 2011 at 1:41 am | Permalink

And…..I just noticed you mentioned them in your last post. Whoops.

18. Kristina's Gravatar Kristina
    September 17, 2011 at 2:10 am | Permalink

Well, it’s been almost 23 years since my wedding, but my particular experience really informs the way I view every much-anticipated event in my life. My mother had two weddings in her life, both very small and plain, and she saved her inheritance from her grandmother to marry her only daughter. I was applying to graduate schools and finishing my senior year in college, and I sort of handed it over to her, but it was very fraught anyway in a we-are-frugal-farmers-but-this-is-still-incredibly-important-to-your-mother-in-your-small-hometown kind of way. Then a little over two weeks before our wedding, three days before the wedding, my parents’ house BLEW UP. Yes, blew up with Mom, Dad and I in it. And Dad came out of the furnace room looking like Don King on a bad hair day, with second and third degree burns on his hands and face.

Well, there wasn’t much fire, so we only had to dry-clean my brand new bridal gown and all of my bridesmaids’ dresses, but my mother and I would happily have had me married in sackcloth, as long as Dad got to walk me down the aisle, which is what he did, complete with a very short haircut, a complexion that looked like he’d had a chemical peel, and little “white gloves”. I wouldn’t wish this situation on anyone, but it really put things into perspective…

19. lyrebirdgully's Gravatar lyrebirdgully
    September 17, 2011 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Highly recommended:the following site is hugely supportive for any bride who wants to do things her way; fantastic for maintaining a sense of perspective and enjoyment http://offbeatbride.com/

20. Glamdoc's Gravatar Glamdoc
    September 18, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Love this post and all the comments!

I got married last month, so my best advice about the wedding is:
    Stay calm and carry on.
    And best advice I found on the internets recently (about unfortunate/different) things happening in life that you didn´t plan for – just think
    `How fantastic!`

I can feel the oversharing coming, so to all who might not care – keep scrolling onto next post! :)

We were getting married on a pier at a hotel on a Saturday, and when we arrived on Thurs the goddang expensive-but-laidback-and-cool-and-Scandinavian-plain-yet-swanky hotel had ´forgotten´to mention that half the pier, right outside where we were having the dinner was occupied by big party tents with lots of peeps, and there was a big ass tv crew with vans and big antennaes filming some sort of foodie show. We ranted and raged and the hotel manager was called in and I cried and told her that if we´d known this we wouldn´t have picked this place. She teared up as well (recent fancy bling on her finger too so I think she related well), and we made some compromises about how people were going to move about. Best part of it, though: Hubs and I smiled at each other through the rage, had a glass of wine with dinner and said to each other that we´d be married by Sunday and have a blast doing it anyways. Turned out we had nothing to worry about. Yes, the tents and the people stayed, but we hardly saw or heard or noticed anything about them.

Another big mishap was when we, the day before, went to the florist and looked at the flowers we´d picked out and ordered from a catalogue a month before. Thew were dreadful and I was angry (again. But keeping my calm in the store). We made some last minute adjustments, and I was thinking that the flowers were going to be dreadful but never mind that I was going to get hitched anyways, but hey, they turned out awesome and I cried when I saw my bouquet.

We stayed calm and enjoyed ourselves (I even fell flat on my butt on the dance floor), and all the love we felt pouring towards us from all the attending friends and family made it the most intense, and happiest day of my life. My skin was dull and grey from the night before (late dinner and drinks) – never mind. My dress got caught on the pier and ripped in places, dumbass train and 6ft veil – never mind. My hair took too long thanks to hairdresser friend who´s a perfectionist so I did my makeup in 5 mins flat before the service with shaky hands – never mind. In the pictures I can see my jowls and poorly shaven pits and tiny beer gut (damn you mermaid spanish lace gown!), but I can also see my spectacular curves, and the way hubs and I gaze into each others eyes glowing of ´I friggin´ love you to death and this is awesome!´. People said it was the nices wedding they´d ever been to, and a friend who was recently divorced said it was probably the happiest day of her life, because she could really feel the love between us, and the love from all the attendants.

So sorry for hogging and spamming your space here, just felt like sharing. Shit will happen, and it sucks, but you will get married to the man of your dreams surrounded by people you love, and are there because they care, and if you just keep your shoulders down and really try to appreciate his (Hubs-to-be) love, and the concern and effort from all the people attending, you WILL have the time of your life.

Best of luck! And enjoy!

21. Glamdoc's Gravatar Glamdoc
    September 18, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Ah, um, hello, it´s me again. I just realized I might have more input, that might (or not) be of interest to you. See, we had a wedding as described above (with civil ceremony). Then I was Maid (Matron?) of Honor at one of my best friends´wedding at a formal ´do in Budapest; Byzantine catholic service in a cathedral and all), and then attended a low-key party shebang after a city hall wedding for some friends back home. So, ours was the middle road, in terms of expenses and effort, my friend had to do it all (parents from the O.C, wanting it to be big and glamorous), and then the down-to-earth variety.

So. As a MoH, and as a regular guest, here´s my next two (or hundred) cents.
    Be calm, and have fun. Don´t sweat the small stuff. My friend who got married worried (beforehand) about the dress, hair, cake, the color of the rug in the dining room clashing with the flowers and place cards, the seating plans, where to place the buffet, the groom being late picking a suit (this happened at all three weddings and all the grooms looked smoking), the band, the rings, the people NOT bothering to rsvp´ing, the sister in law wearing a red dress (as did two other guests, and one even came in a white dress complete with white fascinator and all – I thought she was just waiting outside the curch because she was the next bride, the possibility of the drunk family friend hawking the mike and ranting endlessly about nothing (he totally did), the wedding cake – we didn´t eat it because the restaurant failed to tell us it was being served. But I´m totally impressed. No matter what happened (and there were lots of little mishaps, like the wedding planner forgetting to unhitch the bustle before church, her pricking her finger on the brooch I lent her for her boquet and getting blood all over her dress and veil, the uncouth family friend, the band playing the wedding waltz too fast) – she only shrug her shoulders and said ´whatever´, and had the time of her life. She looked like a queen, gracious and beautiful and radiantly happy. And so did the groom.

Make a list. Check things off list. Don´t bother to stay awake at night over stuff that´s not checked off the list but should have been months ago. Think about fun poems or a silly little dance, MAKE a poem, and ask friends for input. If you want flowers, go for inexpensive ones so you can get loads for maximum impact. And if you´re a diy bride, I´m sure you´ll be able to find lots of nice tips on the internet, but the easiest way (for me, as I´m lazy) is to get some British bridal mags as they´re bigger on the budget focus (´bang for your buck´) than the US ones.

22. September 19, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

i love weddings. i used to get martha stewart weddings NOT to dreamily plan my someday nuptials, but because i’m fascinated by the rituals, the universality, the individuality, the symbolism, the details…all of it. i worked with and as a wedding photographer for a few years, and LOVED it. i was thrilled when i met just the GREATEST guy, and had the chance to build our very own wedding.

no one told me this, and i was v. surprised by it: you might hate getting married. i hope you don’t! i hope you have a laughing, giddy time, through every up and down, decisions big and small, changes and emergencies and complications. i hope you’re surprised by how awesome and open and supportive your family and friends are of your decisions and wishes. but? it might suck. (i’ve only recently been able to think about our actual wedding without creeping tears, or rage, or both. we got married seven years ago. (i told my friend teresa that i hated getting married, and that i still can’t talk to my family about my wedding. “i didn’t speak to my mother for two years after MY wedding,” she said. “touche,” i said.)) and: it’s okay if it DOES suck. (i hope it doesn’t! but it might. and if it does, it’s okay.)

because here’s the thing: BEING married is THE BEST! just: the best. if i had to choose perfect wedding + crap marriage, versus painful wedding + brilliant marriage…i mean, no contest.

do what you can. do what makes you happy. don’t worry about what other people think or say or do–you can’t control them, anyway…just like they can’t control you.

i WOULD say try to find a dress (or whatever you want) that you FEEL beautiful (and comfortable!) in…because if you feel beautiful (not “skinny,” not “perfect,” but you-are-beautiful, happy-from-the-inside beautiful), that’s what you’ll remember when you think about your wedding, that’s what people will see when they look at bridey you, and that’s what you’ll see when you look at your wedding photos for the rest of your life.

also, keep in mind that the only thing that’ll stop the planning of your wedding will be the fact that you actually get married. there’s never a point where absolutely everything is perfect/squared away/done. you can tweak, and adjust, and refine, and choose, and arrange, and rearrange until the day you die…except that at some point, you’ll actually get married.

oh, and also! we got married at 7:30 at night, and my husband’s tip for the fellas is: if you get married at 7:30 at night, and you shaved first thing in the morning, maybe shave again closer to the event. he feels like he looks like homer simpson in our pics. (though i think he looks fantastic. :) )

23. September 19, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

well, I think the most important thing to remember is that your wedding is about YOU. (as in, plural, you the couple.) Not anyone else. And accept that everyone in your family is also going to lose their minds at some point, because no matter what you do, someone will want you to do something else. And for some reason, weddings seem to be the time that family members feel that they are most entitled to tell you how to live your life! ;) We stuck to our guns. It was the right choice. Friends still reflect on how easy, relaxed, and enjoyable our backyard wedding was (which is really a perfect reflection of our relationship, too!).

We spent about $1,000 all told, including paying a friend to do the hors d’ouevres, hiring the band and the chanteuse, and buying the silver (antique stores!), linens, and china (thrift!). I had a white dress for our courthouse wedding, but at our reception I just wore a party dress, with high heeled boots – and even my husband’s flannel shirt, when I got cold! If you are interested in how we did our non-commercial reception, I have blogged about our approach.

So, my congratulations – and I wish you the best of luck to you! I think it’s easier to ignore the hype when you keep reminding yourself to focus on you, the couple, and craft the best, most appropriate celebration of your unique love.

24. September 26, 2011 at 11:54 am | Permalink

I have bucketfulls of distaste and downright disgust for a lot of the wedding industry, for all the reasons you listed here. I hate the way it plays on bride’s fears to make a buck. And I’m very, very proud of you for taking a mental stand against all that BS. You’re you, and you’re not anyone else. Your wedding, not the industry’s or your grandmother’s. I’m really looking forward to hearing all about the planning and how you’re going to stick it to the Wedding Man with your kick-ass celebration.
    Ellie Di recently posted..Q&A: Self-Sabotage and How to Beat ItMy Profile

25. October 26, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

I’m not currently engaged (living with bf for three years now, we have our wedding planned out but not engaged). But I feel the pressure. Even now I sometimes feel like I should work a little harder to tone up my arms for this potential dress, or lose “a few more pounds” etc…It’s funny how your brain can flip all of a sudden!
    Lisa recently posted..C is for CaloriesMy Profile

26. April 17, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Permalink

Thank you for posting this. I am getting married in September, and my body has been through the wringer for the last couple years due to a nasty autoimmune disease; as a result, I’ve gained over 30 lbs and have felt miserable (mentally AND physically). I’m not even enjoying the wedding planning process – something I’d always looked forward to before – because I’m so often overwhelmed by the situation with my illness. Thanks for the reminder to to be sweet to myself.

27. U-nique's Gravatar U-nique
    June 10, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

We got married a month ago and we had decided to have an “ecolocigal and fair” marriage, which meant that we asked our guests not to buy new clothes, not to buy any presents, but do donate money for greenpeace or other organisations. So I ended up sewing my own wedding dress out of an “old” white curtain which I had found in a second-hand-shop. People said, my dress looked great. My husband really loved it and I felt like a princess. The dress matched MY figure, because I had created it exactly for my body – so I could really relax throughout the day and enjoy the wedding cake and the fantastic vegan, ecological and fairtrade buffet :) I didn´t want to force myself to fit into some “normal” wedding dress and suffer all day (I found most of them extremely uncomfortable + tight, I had tried several). So: don´t force your body to fit into any wedding dress, but find or create a dress that really fits you! It´s YOUR special day! Enjoy it!

1. By on September 17, 2011 at 4:30 am