Body Loving Blogosphere 01.22.12

EEEEP! Remember when my mama was up this week chatting with you guys about her kickstarter campaign to finish her memoir? Well there are less than 24 hours left, so I just wanted to pass the link on to you again in case you missed it. Check out her blog post here or skip straight to the kickstarter page [and video!] here. Thanks!

Some gorgeous, sparkly + tough love business advice from Julie Parker.

I am just head over heels for pretty much anything that Anna Guest-Jelley does over at Curvy Yoga, but this post? This post is unbelievable:

So when the opportunity presented itself to distract myself by dieting, yeah; I took it. I knew in my gut that it wasn’t right for me, but my mind wasn’t havin’ it. I was so eager to escape being present in my body that I was grateful for the chance to obsess about my body. This is totally not a new pattern for me, so I can’t say I find it too surprising – or even really that disappointing – that I leaned on it again. It’s kinda been my go-to for, oh, the past 25 years.

10 Killer Ways You Can Help Your Business Right Now.

Have you always wanted to become a yoga instructor? Amber walks you through the pros and cons of going for your 200 hour. certification.

Shame, anxiety, and disordered eating – a beautifully thoughtful piece by Jenn Gibson on Roots of She.

In 2012, what are you saying YES to?

The Beatings Must Stop is required reading this week, written by the lovely Christie Inge. Here’s a taste:

But what I want you to know is that accepting yourself first does not mean giving up on yourself.

Recently, Christie introduced me to Nona Jordan, who is pretty much amazing. I’m happy to introduce her to all of you with this stunner of a piece: Go There.

Shit Freaky Fitness People Say – I am dyyyyyyying of laughter right now.

If you’re into some swearing and fist shaking (yes please!) run on over to Ellie Di’s post about censorship, SOPA, and PIPA.

Homeless to 6 Figures in 365 Days – brilliant.

And while we’re talking money matters – Money AMPLIFIES Your Art and other bits of genius by Alex Franzen.

Tools for Organizational Addicts and Unapologetic Dreamers.

A message that I needed this week, when it’s been so cold that the idea of doing anything makes me want to curl up in bed – I am a firm believer in the fact that regular exercise makes me a better person.

Have you ever felt like a failure? Like all of your products are freaking awful or every single one of your potential clients hates you? Read this post.

I just love this post. It appeals to both of my I’ve got to be fiscally responsible AND I want to buy all the things sides – How to Splurge, Responsibly.

Also, I’m going to be chatting you guys up about this on Facebook a little bit later in the week, but I just have to ask (mostly because I am curious + also because I want to give YOU what YOU want) – what sorts of products or services does your little heart desire to see featured on Medicinal Marzipan in the future? Coaching? Ebooks? Groups? Top secret missives? Skype dates?

I would simply love to know. xo

10 Comments to Body Loving Blogosphere 01.22.12

1. January 22, 2012 at 8:05 am | Permalink

Thanks for sharing the yoga teacher training link. I’ll start mine in March, but haven’t seen a post like that one with so much info. I always appreciate your weekly round ups – thanks for doing them!

2. Alice's Gravatar Alice
    January 22, 2012 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Just a quick note based on my week: you always have a lot of links etc for those of us who need a bit of direction or inspiration. But sometimes you’re down so low you haven’t got the energy to do even the tiny things that make you feel better let alone take note of some of the awesome posts you put up here! Might be something worth considering in future?

• Anonymous's Gravatar Anonymous
      January 22, 2012 at 10:29 am | Permalink

Thank you so much for your comment Alice. I’m curious what you think might be useful to you in these low moments – videos? posts that talk about sitting with difficult emotions? I’m going to think about it too. xo t

3. January 22, 2012 at 10:44 am | Permalink

Thanks for the round up again, Mara, and it’s good to be back reading your stuff after the retreat I went to :)

4. Anonymous's Gravatar Anonymous
    January 22, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the link love!!

5. January 22, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

Wonderful roundup, as usual!! Did you happen to see Aimee Liu’s piece on ED’s in the Huffington Post? I was moved by it, so much so I even linked to it in a post. Thought you might dig :)

• Anonymous's Gravatar Anonymous
      January 26, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

Ooooh, thanks so much for mentioning this Gena – I’m going to run on over and check it out! xo

6. Manuela Melo's Gravatar Manuela Melo
    January 23, 2012 at 7:08 am | Permalink

Mara,
    I’m sure everything you do will be awesome, and I pretty sure I’ll purchase. Even tough 1 brazilian real equals 0,5 dolar. :) I’m sure it will be worthy. But I’d particularly like coaching and groups. maybe group coaching. I don’t know. You decide. Count on me, anyway.

Let me ask you an unrelated question> who made the design of your blog? yourself?

7. January 23, 2012 at 8:49 am | Permalink

I’ve heard so much about you from Christie Inge – I am delighted to be a part of your roundup this week – in such amazing company! xoxo

• Anonymous's Gravatar Anonymous
      January 26, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

Yay! Welcome Nona, I’m so giddy to see you here. Thanks so much for stopping by.