Body Loving Blogosphere 06.03.12

There is still time to reveal your BIG dream in the comments for a chance to win one of FIVE copies of Danielle LaPorte’s The Fire Starter Sessions. Get it while it’s hot.

I just LOVE this post: Your Curvy Permission Slip.

Do you dress for your body or against your body? Sally McGraw reminds you how important dressing your body is in your self-love journey.

21 Awesome Swimsuits for Plus-Sized Ladies.

For all of the writers out there – Margarita Tartakovsky’s poem “The Big Bad Article” is just the ticket for a day when your project is a bit more ambitious that you are.

9 Ways to Love Moving Your Body – yes yes yes yes yes!

Battle Cry for the Crazies.

One of the best articles I have ever read about how to reframe feeling left out, dissed, or dismissed. Randi Buckley is simply phenomenal.

The week’s required reading: How to navigate external change when you’re already unraveled inside.

If you’re looking to conjure up a little excitement around your blog, you absolutely must catch Laura Simm’s interview about how to get attention from the press.

Work smarter, not harder.

Manifesting some cold hard cash by giving up the struggle trying to earn it.

Make your life better this week:

Detail your car. Put on some seriously fabulous music (or if you’re a HUGE dork like me and obsessed with Brothers and Sisters right now, ahem, for the third time, stream it through your car stereo) and go to town. Buy the fancy armor all wipes that promise to leave everything glistening. Spend six dollars in quarters vacuuming out every crevice.

Then? Drive somewhere with the windows down, shouting your favorite song at top volume and soak up the feeling that you are worth the cleanest, sexiest, most put together, perfect environment that you can imagine.  At all times.

Hate breaking a sweat? Hire someone to do it for you. But I will tell you there is something damn therapeutic in doing it for yourself.

No car? Get a pedicure – those toes have been working hard.

xo.

8 Comments to Body Loving Blogosphere 06.03.12

1. June 3, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the shout-out, Mara! Love your round-ups.

2. June 3, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

Loving the link about being dissed/dismissed–that’s often been one of the hardest feelings for me to shake off, even though we’ve all been there. Good tips in the article!

3. June 3, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

jules; totally agree. that sensation of ‘making a mistake’ feels like a lump in my belly. it’s so hard to not be perfect, but it’s way hard to try and be perfect :)

4. June 3, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

Wow! Thanks :) I’m so glad you liked my dissed/dismissed piece :) Your words are most kind. I’ve just come out of the closet with my writing (I’ve been coaching this way for years) so to get this type of reception is rather heart melting. With gratitude, Randi

5. June 4, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Mara, thanks so much for linking to my poem! I’m happy you liked it! :)

6. June 12, 2012 at 9:18 am | Permalink

All these links are great – you read some inspiring blogs!

7. AnnGMorrone's Gravatar AnnGMorrone