Mara + Cookie: June 9, 2012

Because I thought maybe you’d like to see what I’ve been cooking up behind the scenes here at Medicinal Marzipan.

In 2008 I met Cookie exactly 24 days before I started this site.

In July of 2009 we got engaged.

She is humbly and quietly and lovingly behind absolutely everything that I do in this world.  I am able to be here, to be present, and to explore my less-than-sparkly bits, because, through the safe lens of our relationship, I have been able to learn to love myself more than I ever thought possible.

After having my heart shattered spectacularly quite a few times, I prayed for Cookie before I met her. I prayed that someone would hold me so close, and wouldn’t let me wriggle out of it, push them away with my primal fear of rejection, or tendency to micromanage. I prayed to find someone who would believe that we were both better because of what we brought up in the other, both good and bad.

I also want to thank each and every one of you for being here with me during this journey – for witnessing my constant process of breaking wide open and rebuilding myself stronger, brighter, and more honest. Thank you for your outpouring of love around this very special and joyous occasion in my life.

xoxo

M

17 Comments to Mara + Cookie: June 9, 2012

1. June 16, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

Hooray! Congrats, Mara and Cookie!

2. June 16, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

So very happy for you two!

3. June 16, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Everything looks like it was just gorgeous and amazing! I love these photos, and how obviously extraordinarily in love you are! Congratulations.

4. Daynya's Gravatar Daynya
    June 16, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Thank you for sharing this. What a beautiful day, so much love. Best wishes for an eternity of that much joy!

5. June 16, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

Wow, congratulations! Looks like a really lovely wedding :) And, hellooooo cupcake tier. Yum. Yum yum. Excellent choice.

6. June 16, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

What a spectacular day for your wedding celebration…congrats :-)

7. June 16, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

congratulations and many happy returns! gorgeous, both of you and the day.

8. June 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the update and pictures! Beautiful! I am so happy for you guys.

9. June 16, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

I don’t know whats’ more beautiful, the wedding pictures or the post – I’m all teary-eyed now! So much love to you both.
    xoxo

10. Eve's Gravatar Eve
    June 16, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

This post and looking through the pictures made me so happy! Thank you for sharing this with us–you look so beautiful in that dress and you both look so happy! Congratulations, you deserve everything :)

11. June 17, 2012 at 2:23 am | Permalink

Thank you for sharing this post, and the pictures. So beautiful and you all look so happy! I hope you had the most wonderful and special day and I wish you all the best.

12. June 17, 2012 at 8:14 am | Permalink

Congratulations! Loved seeing these photos- what a beautiful wedding !

13. June 17, 2012 at 10:25 am | Permalink

Ohhh my goodness, it all looks so beautiful– you two, the ceremony, the tower of cupcakes! Congratulations! :)

14. June 18, 2012 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Congratulations, Mara! You look radiant and I am so delighted for you. Wishing you two every happiness!!

15. June 18, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

Thank you for sharing your special day with us, Mara. I wish you and Cookie a lifetime of love, light, and laughter.

16. zoe's Gravatar zoe
    June 18, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

ohohooh i’ve been waiting for these photos! congratulations, mara! you look so lovely and so happy here. that last one of you two is wonderful. wishing you all the best xo

17. Rosie Molinary's Gravatar Rosie Molinary
    June 20, 2012 at 8:21 am | Permalink

Oh my goodness, what awesome, awesome joy and love and just yesness. Happy, happy life to you, two. xoxoxo

1. By on August 27, 2012 at 8:52 pm