Body Loving Homework 10.07.12

Spoiler alert: the Body Loving Homework E-Course opens up for early registration TOMORROW.  (Yes I am completely beside myself with excitement.) It will go out in the morning to the list with a special surprise for my nearest + dearest. Are you on the list? Get on the list here + get automatically enrolled in the mini-course 5 Days of Deserving.

This week I was honored x five million to be featured in Laura Simm’s Illuminated Purposepreneur interview series. Check it out here.

Required reading: It’s time to stop being your own bully.

18 Ways to Shine Your Brightest.

As a graduate of Anna + Marianne’s 30 Days of Curvy Yoga, I learned to love hitting the mat in the comfort of my own living room. Get started with this post on figuring out what to do in cultivating your home practice.

Beautiful post this week written by Rachel Cole – What I Know About Weight.

A crucial distinction – the difference between a binge and overeating.

I just can’t get enough of Tamarisk Saunders-Davies and I am simply thrilled that she that she’s a part of Roots of She’s fall line-up. Check out her fantastic premiere post.

In my sobbing, my sadness showed me that there was grieving to be done. My anger showed me where I’d ignored my boundaries. My guilt showed me where I needed to make changes in my behaviour to come back into integrity with myself.

Collectively, my feelings said to me; “Love sent us. You need the gifts we’ve brought for you, we have your highest good in our hearts even though it might not feel like that right now. Unwrap what we’ve brought you, it’s of the highest value to you right now”.

What do you need to feel seen and respected?

Tattooing this post on my body: How to Banish Overwhelm From Your Business.

The Top 5 Reasons Why You Can’t Love and Accept Yourself.

Have you always wanted to start writing, but you aren’t sure where to begin? Loving this advice for starting before you’re ready.

I’m just head over heels for Positive Panties, the brainchild of Jenn Gibson + Amanda Oaks. There are great prizes in store for you when you contribute to their kickstarter. Bonus: the video is adorably hilarious.

This post, written by one of my favorite people, broke my heart right open.

Make your life (more) awesome this week:

Is it too early to talk about Halloween?

Ok maybe it is, but here’s the thing: I need your help.

One of the very last hold-outs of my impaired body image is my absolute inability to dress up in a costume for Halloween. It (still) makes me feel all kinds of embarrassed and uncomfortable and weird.

So this is a sort of make my life more awesome this month question, what is your favorite Halloween costume?

Don’t have one? Hate dressing up? GREAT. Let’s be in it together.

If you could dress up as anything this year – what would you dress up as?

Also, to me, this boils down to: let’s team up all together to dig deep and believe that we are deeply worthy of a night of fun, frivolity + silly outfits?

7 Comments to Body Loving Homework 10.07.12

1. October 7, 2012 at 8:29 am | Permalink

Urgg- I’ve never liked dressing up. I feel silly- even if everybody else is doing it- I’m still too self conscious. I wish I could get over it…maybe this year :)
    Amanda @ Click. The Good News recently posted..Mirassou Wine DinnerMy Profile

2. October 7, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

For me, dressing up for Halloween feels weird not because of my body image issues but because I hate the expectations, the one-upping, the “what are YOU supposed to be” questions. I don’t feel like my body is holding me back, more my social awkwardness. :P
    Ellie Di recently posted..ED is not me: Relapse and why I did nothing about itMy Profile

3. October 7, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

I have never liked Halloween…for the same reasons Ellie Di states. Wish I had a more inspiring answer! Ha.
    KCLAnderson (Karen) recently posted..If/When You Avoid Conflict Does It Mean You Are Disregarding Your Needs?My Profile

4. October 7, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the link, Mara!

Halloween: I think my favorite costume so far has been the Other Mother from Coraline. That was AWESOME. Unfortunately only like 10 people saw it. This year I think I might do a black widow concept dress, although so far the only costume party I’m going to is comic book themed and I want to wear a specific dress there so I’m going to be some kind of a villainness or morally ambiguous heroine :P (I can probably find a multicolor-haired comic book character to base my costume off of…)
    Michelle recently posted..How to banish overwhelm from your businessMy Profile

5. October 9, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

I’m finding you for the first time today (I think I linked off of Yes and Yes). Awesome to meet you, can’t wait to dig and read read, ready!! Thanks for the new dose of positive in my day!

6. Kris's Gravatar Kris
    October 11, 2012 at 6:21 am | Permalink

My favourite ever costume was Mr Bump (from the Mr Men books) when I was 7 months pregnant. I was the perfect shape! Blue top, big eyes and a bandage around the top of my bump :)

This year? I might dig out my overalls and go as Rosie the Riveter.
    I don’t do sexy costumes – they make me far to self conscious to be sexy.