In this episode I am delighted to be joined by Anna Guest-Jelley!
Anna Guest-Jelley is the founder of Curvy Yoga, an online yoga studio and teacher training center that helps people of all shapes and sizes find true acceptance and freedom, both on and off the mat. She is the author of Curvy Yoga: Love Yourself & Your Body a Little More Each Day and the co-editor of Yoga and Body Image: 25 Personal Stories About Beauty, Bravery & Loving Your Body.
I have been lucky to have known Anna since the very inception of Curvy Yoga, and I never cease to be inspired by her gentle, kind, and deeply powerful approach to accepting the body that you are in right now.
In today’s episode Anna touches upon so many of my favorite topics – including how accepting our bodies is not in fact the death sentence so many of us worry that it might be, but instead is a pathway towards greater levels of growth grounded in self-love.
Tune into this conversation to hear us talk about
- Caring for the body that you have instead of waiting until your “new body’ shows up
- Letting go of your magical thinking and surrendering to the present moment
- Focusing on how your body feels instead of how your body looks
- Using your yoga practice as a place to practice body acceptance
- How acceptance is not the same thing as stagnation (at all)
Hang with Anna
- Read the post that I reference in the podcast: Why You’ll Never Get A New Body (and That’s Okay)
- Dance on over to her online home, Curvy Yoga
- Listen to her podcast, Love, Curvy Yoga
- Connect with her on Instagram and Facebook
If you love Needy, subscribe to future podcast episodes in iTunes, rate us, and leave us a review! xo