Today’s episode features Virgie Tovar!
Virgie is an author, activist and one of the nation’s leading experts and lecturers on fat discrimination and body image. She is the author of You Have The Right to Remain Fat, which comes out TODAY. I have been reading her writing online for a long time and I am crazy excited for the opportunity to share her work with all of you.
In today’s episode, Virgie reminds us that joy and fun do not have a weight limit. Her powerful words encourage us to care deeply for the bodies that we have right now, including unlearning many of the harmful messages that we have received about our worth as they relate to our bodies. Virgie describes the hierarchy of power and systems of oppression that impact our self-perception, as well as generously sharing stories from her journey to self-acceptance.
Tune in to hear us explore…
- Fat positivity and the choice to lose hate not weight
- Caring for the body that you have right now
- Tuning into and caring for the body that you have right now
- Prioritizing your JOY
I hope you enjoy this episode! Click the play button below to listen in.
Hang with Virgie
- Grab her book You Have the Right to Remain Fat
- Dance on over to VirgieTovar.com
- Read her column Take the Cake on Ravishly
- Watch her TedX talk (so good)
- Find her on Instagram
Love Needy? Pretty please click here to subscribe on iTunes and leave a rating & review. THANK YOU.