In this episode I am joined by motherhood life coach Graeme Seabrook.
Graeme is a maternal mental health expert, advocate, and community leader who helps moms remove their capes and reconnect with their whole selves. As a certified life coach and founder of The Mom Center, an online community exclusively for moms, she’s coached over 2,000 mothers on how to place their names at the top of their priority list, without guilt or shame.
The Whole Human Mama approach to this work includes a methodology that sits at the intersection of capitalism, patriarchy, and self-care. Her message moves beyond the traditional themes of finding balance and improving productivity for moms, and takes a 360 degree look into strategies that encourage their complete mental and emotional wellness.
Described as radical, honest, and uplifting, Graeme’s work is inspired by her experience with recovering from a traumatic birth and battling postpartum depression, when she became a mom for the first time. Her goal is to put moms in the spotlight and celebrate them for their courage to stand boldly in the truth of who they are – with or without capes.
Tune into this conversation to hear more about
- Putting yourself on the calendar and holding yourself to your commitment to your own care
- Asking for exactly what you want and need
- How your self-care might look different than everyone else’s (and that’s TOTALLY ok)
- Committing yourself to truly manageable and fulfilling self-care
Hang with Graeme
- Website: www.graemeseabrook.
- Twitter: @graemeseabrook
- Instagram at @Graemeseabrook
- Tune in to Graeme’s podcast Your Mom Friend
- Read the Mother’s Bill of Rights