Understanding our needs, especially the need for safety, can be challenging. So in today’s episode, I am talking with Jake Ernst about the personal and social experiences of our needs, safety, and more.
Jake is a therapist, writer, educator, and content creator. He’s the Clinical Director of Straight Up Health, a mental health clinic for young people and their families. He’s also the host of his own podcast called This Isn’t Therapy.
Together, we have a deeply insightful and honest conversation about what’s happening in our brains as we move through our lives every day.
Tune in to hear us also discuss…
- Mapping our brains as it relates to various levels of needs
- The myth that everything needs to be solved
- The hard work of clarifying what’s true from the past and what’s true in the present
- The eight routes to safety
- Balancing the competing needs of safety and stretch
- The things we will always carry with us
- The system-strengthening power of breath work
Hang out with Jake…
- Visit Jake’s Website
- Follow Jake @mswjake on Instagram
- Listen to the This Isn’t Therapy Podcast
- Join Lately.
- Learn More About Straight Up Health
Love Needy? Pretty please subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Spotify and leave a rating & review.
Really love Needy? Join the Needy Podcast Inner Circle! Courses, discounts, quarterly Q&As and more for a one-time or monthly donation of any amount. Exclusively for folks who love the Needy podcast. THANK YOU.